Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Exponential World

John Seeley Brown discusses the change of the world from a cognitive perspective. His videoed lecture points out the shift that is taking place today in thinking that he calls, "from the predictable world of equilibrium to the exponential world of disequilibrium." He further explains how exponential human potential, technology, and discovery is changing the world faster and faster. To deal with this exponential world, the transformation or shift in cognitive thinking will divide the world between the old and the new

Fascinating! I feel like an old thinker that is still stuck in the 20th Century. I don't know if I want to be a part of this exponential experience. However, I'm still passionate about teaching and young people. I know their thinking is vastly different from mine, and yet I want to foster their intelligence and creativity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4FPH-Oo1iM

No comments:

Post a Comment